The custom kids hoodie is a unisex hoodie for any youth. Soft cotton and quality printing make this hoodie an irreplaceable everyday item. It's made from a cotton-polyester blend. The side seams are extra durable. The front has a spacious kangaroo pocket for keeping hands warm or holding small items.
1. Show No. 1: The newly named Grateful Dead performed its first gig on Dec. 4, 1965, at a house near the San Jose Civic Auditorium, where the Rolling Stones were playing that same evening
2. Passing the Test: That inaugural outing came during one of author Ken Kesey’s first “Acid Tests.” The Grateful Dead basically became the house band for Kesey’s LSD-inspired get-togethers, which are so amazingly described in Tom Wolfe’s 1968 book, “The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test.”
3. Acid rock: One of the important things to come out of those Acid Tests for the Grateful Dead was a partnership with famed LSD manufacturer Owsley Stanley, who’d go on to finance, produce, record and do pioneering sound work for the band.
4. Summer of Love: The Dead were the most famous residents of Haight-Ashbury, living just a few doors up from that intersection. We’ll let you Google the address, if you must.
5. Busted: The band’s Haight-Ashbury pad was the scene of a high-profile drug bust in late 1967, which drew the above-the-masthead, front-page, all-caps headline, “ROCK BAND BUSTED,” in the San Francisco Chronicle.